Dear Readers/Freinds and Students in regard to ISRO's Prestigious outreach program for Students our organization has been large number of queries.. Hence here is the excerpt from ISRO official documents to assist you.
Young Scientist Programme 2020
(Yuvika - 2020)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Who are eligible for the programme?
Students who have completed 8th Standard and currently studying in
th Standard (Academic year 2019-20, from ICSE, CBSE and State
Syllabus) are eligible for the programme
2. Where I need to send the applications?
The selection will be done through online registration. There is no
registration fee involved. The interested students can register online
through ISRO website www.isro.gov.in from February 03, 2020 (1700
hrs) to 24 February 2020 (1800 hrs). The exact link will be available
on 03 February, 2020 in the ISRO website. There are no other
agents/agencies involved in selection process, application should be
made online only and the selection is done by ISRO.
3. I am from Rural area, whether I get Rural student benefit?
To get the Rural student benefit, the school, where you are studying
should be located in the Block/village Panchayat area and school
Head Master should certify for it.
4. When is the programme planned ?
The programme will be held from 11 to 22, May 2020. In case of any
change in the programme schedule, it will be informed later to the
5. When and where I need to report ?
The selected candidates will be informed to report to any one centres
of ISRO/DOS located at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Shillong or
6. I am in 8th Std now, can I apply?
7. I am in 10th Std now, can I apply?
8. What is the medium of instruction of the programme?
The medium of instruction is English
9. I am an Overseas Citizen of India. Whether I can apply for the
Overseas Citizen of India, who are studying in India in 9th std (during
the academic year 2019-20) are eligible for the programme. OCI
certificate issued by Government of India to be uploaded, when it is
asked to do so.
10. What is the selection criteria ?
The selection criteria is as mentioned below:
11. Is there any fee to be paid by the candidate to attend the
No fee is involved. The selected students will be accommodated in
ISRO guest houses/hostels. Expenditure towards the travel of student
(II AC fare by train from nearest Rly Station to the reporting centre
and back), course material, lodging and boarding etc., during the
entire course will be borne by ISRO. II AC fare will also be provided
to one guardian/parent for drop and pick up of student from the
12. Whether my parent/guardian can stay with me in ISRO
Guesthouse/hostel, if I am selected?
13. Whether a lady ISRO/DOS official will be available in the
Guesthouse/Hostel, where girl students are accommodated?
14. How can I get updates on the programme ?
To know the updates about the programme, please regularly visit